real time web analytics
Successive number: 026/KK PLACE: Nesseltal EVENT: - DATE: 19. 9. 1939 ANNOUNCE: Die HeiMAT Koprivnik … a beautiful village this used to be. 2006. PUBLISHER: - PHOTOGRAPHER: Franc Rabuse NOTES: photo postcard
We can most definitely assert that the photograph was made on the 19th August 1939. On this day Franc Rabuse obviously spent the whole day walking the bordes of Koprivnik valley. This shot was made from the area of Sandriegl or Shondriegl, as the rise was known by the locals. On the photograph we can concentrate on teh cemetery with the church of St. Anne, which was made before the year 1824. The original cemetery was by the parish church of St Jacob. The cemetery church was burnt down in 1956. In 1973 it was rebuilt with the help of the local population and is now used for liturgical services. The cemetery church of St Anne has the greatest number of preserved headstones of the deceased German nationals in Kočevska.
Zavod za razvoj turizma Kočevski rog, so.p., Koprivnik 5, 1330 Kočevje -, junij 2020