real time web analytics
Successive number: 021/KK PLACE: Nesseltal EVENT: - DATE: 19. 9. 1939 ANNOUNCE: Die HeiMAT Koprivnik … a beautiful village this used to be. 2006. PUBLISHER: - PHOTOGRAPHER: Franc Rabuse NOTES: photo postcard
The parish church of St Jacob was completely renovated in the mid thirties with the money and gifts generously donated by countrymen living in America. It must be stressed, though, that the villagers also proved themselves generous. Local Eduard Meditz, Koprivnik 4 (Machonsch), made new pews (ordered by priest Schauer) for the church. A part of one of these pews, which is in the possesion of the author (of this book), is all that reminds us of St Jacob’s church. On Josephs, 19. 3. 1949, it was burnt down. The ruins stayed until communal workers drove away the leftover building material. The bell tower was still standing in the sixties.
Zavod za razvoj turizma Kočevski rog, so.p., Koprivnik 5, 1330 Kočevje -, junij 2020